Some of these I know are common to everyone that is going through, or has been through, infertility. Others are perhaps not as common, and I might be the only one, but I am hoping for affirmation that I am not the only weirdo.
- You have taken your temperature hundreds, if not thousands of times (for those that are not well versed in infertility – lucky! – the only way to confirm if you have ovulated is to take your temperature everyday to see when your body temperature goes up slightly. Or get a blood test, but that is much more expensive).
- You know what TTC, AF, BFP, BFN, IVF, IUI, BD, DTD, RE, FF, POAS, and countless other acronyms stand for (again for the lucky ones – trying to conceive, “aunt flo”, big fat positive, big fat negative, in vitro fertilization, intrauterine insemination, “baby dance”, do the deed, reproductive endocrinologist, fertility friend, and pee on a stick).
- You have spent days of your life searching for “whatever mild ailment you might have” and “early pregnancy symptom” on the internet.
- Sometimes you don’t want to make new friends, because they will just get pregnant before you, even if they are not trying to when you meet them.
- On a semi-regular basis you have dreams that involve you starting your period. Maybe these should be called nightmares?
- You have a hard time deciding if you should have relations every night, or every other night between the end of your period and when Fertility Friend confirms you ovulate. You don’t want to deplete the reserves, but you also don’t want to miss your ovulation day.
- You avoid church on Mother’s Day.
- You have peed on more sticks than a bear.
- Sometimes when you period starts you cry.
- Other times you turn into a raging lunatic.
- And still other times, you are happy that it finally started because its been three months since you last had a period, but all the tests are negative and you would just like to get onto the next cycle.
- You could play a game of glow-in-the-dark hide-n-seek with your husband after getting a hysterosalpingogram (HSG).
- After ending your infertility treatments, you never want to have sex again!
- You would be rich if you got a nickel for every time someone said “just relax and it will happen” or “now that you’ve adopted, you’ll get pregnant”.
- Clomid has left you so depressed that you husband has been afraid to leave you alone.
I am 100% certain that there are dozens of other things that could be added to this list. If you have some, please comment, and I will add them to the list 🙂
Now onto my Friday Favorites:
- A Woman of Discretion – A Little R & R
- Is BPA Free Enough? Why We Switched to Glass Bottles – Raising Godly Daughters
- Five Things To Consider Before Watching Movies – Olive Plants and Cornerstones
- The Benefits of Couple Friendships – Of The Hearth
- I Am A “Mean” Mom And I Am O.K. With That – Mom’s The Word
This post may be linked up at one of these wonderful blog hops: