I got this sling because it was free, I only had to pay shipping. Since I bought it, I have found out that it is VERY easy to find codes for this to be free, and I am pretty sure that if you ever pay full price for one you got duped.
I was SO excited. I wanted a baby carrier really bad. I didn’t have a baby, but I am always collecting baby things.
In case you were thinking that I only review things that I like, I HATE THIS SLING!
I have used it with tiny babies, older babies, and toddlers.
– Adorable, and available in a variety of colors
– Lightweight and compact, you can easily throw it in a diaper bag or purse
– Works from birth – 35 lbs
|Hadlee thinks being worn is fun, so I walked around with her for a few minutes. Within literally 5 minutes my lower back was hurting on the side the weight was on.|
– Terrifying to use with small babies. They sink down in it, and its almost impossible to keep them from having their chin tucked to their chest, which is a huge no-no in baby carrying. Basically when I had Cooper in it as an infant I spent the entire trip to the park making sure he was still breathing, then I started sticking him in the stroller.
|After I took the picture he started screaming and trying to flip himself out of it. NOT A HANDS FREE DEVICE!|
– Hurts your back. Like I said, using it with an infant is scary. It works pretty good for a toddler, and when Hadlee and Jordyn were both about two years old, I would carry one of them in it when we went to the park. While it worked fine for that, it really hurt my back, and sometimes it would hurt for a few days after I used it.
– Doesn’t work at all for older babies. You are supposed to put them in a hip carry when they are older, but until they are old enough to know better they tend to try and flip themselves out of it, and there isn’t enough fabric stopping them, so it isn’t hands free.
|It is REALLY hard to get big kids into this thing! I ended up having them stand on the couch (usually a no-no) and sliding it over their heads like a shirt.|
This post may be linked up with one or more of these wonderful blog hops: