Before we get to the resolutions here are the winners of the giveaways! I will be emailing you this afternoon to get your contact information and you will have 48 hours to respond 🙂
Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil: Brittany M.
Sincerely Pure Sampler Basket: Shelley B.
Martha Stewart Living Subscription: Melle E.
Congrats to the winners, and a big thank you to everyone that entered. Also a HUGE thank you to all my guest bloggers!
Every year I make a pretty long list of resolutions, and every year I fail fairly miserably at sticking to them. And I am pretty much okay with that. Someone asked me why I make resolutions if I know I am going to fail. The reasons are threefold:
- Goals are good, even if you don’t meet them, its nice to have them in sight.
- If I ever DO manage to meet them I will be extra stoked.
- I blog, and sometimes coming up with blog posts is hard, so at least one a year can be tackled with a resolutions post 😛
This year I have only two resolutions. There are plenty of other things I would like to do, but they involve either Michael or money and are therefore out of my control. For the resolutions I am making, I have some mini plans on how to accomplish these things, but that certainly doesn’t mean it will get done.
- read the entire Bible (so far I am 5/5 on my Bible reading plan!).
- I have a One Year Bible reading plan on Bible app from YouVersion on my phone. (This sentence makes me sad, anyone from even 10 years ago would have no idea what I was talking about…)
- I have given up on the King James Version. I think KJV is the most accurate, least politically motivated version of the Bible, BUT reading the old style English takes forever and makes it hard to understand, which makes me not want to read. So I am using the NLT for this year.
- Lose 22 pounds. This would put me back at my “marrying weight” and would make me REALLY happy!
- I am limiting my soda. Although I KNOW I should be quitting soda entirely, I really, really don’t want to. Maybe someday in like 50 years or something. But for now I am limiting it to Friday-Sunday and “special occasions” like birthdays and visiting my dad.
- Michael got me Just Dance 4 and the Playstation Move for Christmas, and then got me Just Dance 3 after Christmas because it has better songs. There are workout options on the games, and I am planning to play it for at least 3 songs everyday (So far I have not missed a day!).
I don’t think these are TO far fetched, and maybe, just maybe, this year I will have a WIN instead of another fail!
This post may be linked up with one or more of these wonderful blog hops: