- This year I was a Christmas failure. I didn’t send out Christmas cards, I made one batch of sugar cookies and didn’t even frost them (I might make more today though), and I still have not put all my decorations up. In spite of that I feel like I have had a pretty good Christmas season, even if it doesn’t feel like Christmas should be 2 days away. A lot of times I get pretty depressed-ish around the holidays, although I don’t really know why. I think it has to do with lack of sunshine, since I LOVE CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS!
- CHRISTMAS IS NOT PRESENTS! I get so tired of Christmas specials that say “Oh no! Santa isn’t going to be able to deliver presents, millions of children won’t have a Christmas!” Um, yes they will. Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus. Even if you have no presents at all, its still Christmas. I like How the Grinch Stole Christmas because they celebrate Christmas even after the Grinch takes all the gifts, decoration and roast beast. Even if you are not religious, I feel like if you choose to celebrate it as a secular holiday it should be a time of family and generosity, not a time for demanding presents!
- Some people spend a LOT of money on Christmas presents. I was on some message boards and people were like “My kids have 25 presents each and I spent about $600 on each of them. But I still have a few more to get.” I am like WOW. And so many of them were like I got my 8 year old an iPad but my six year old only gets an iPod. And I am thinking, my six OR eight year old would get a doll, or a train set or something. I think the obesity and economic problems in this country are starting to make a lot of sense.
- I didn’t get very many Christmas cards this year. I am going to attribute this to my recent move and lack of sending out Christmas cards, rather than the option of waning popularity.
- There are to many Christmas movies. I mean I LOVE Christmas movies and specials, but seriously I have so many recorded every year that I don’t have a chance to watch most of them! Plus a good portion of the newer ones suck.
- I wish that I never had to Christmas shop for guys over the age of like 6. Girls are easy to shop for: a cute scarf, some lotion, scented candles, even a fun pair of socks are appropriate gifts for girls and reasonably priced. What are some equivalents for guys?
- I really need to find out what time the local church has service on Christmas Eve. My church doesn’t have a Christmas Eve service and is much to far away to walk. So I am going to end up going to mass at the Catholic church despite my not being a Catholic. Unless they only have a midnight service, then I don’t know what I will do.