Last year I made a few resolutions. As expected I failed miserably (again).
-HAVE A BABY – This is my number one goal, but one that I have pretty much no control over.
- I gave up on this one. But that is okay, because sometimes you have to let go to move on.
-Lose 10 lbs
- I actually did lose 5-10 lbs this year. But then I gained it all back… and then some I think. I don’t know, Michael won’t let me have a scale because I won’t promise to only use it once a day (scales intrigue me and I tend to weigh myself before and after meals, before and after I go to the bathroom, when my hair is wet vs when it is dry. I just REALLY like weighing myself.) and I have not been to Goodwill for awhile and remembered to weigh myself on a few different scales so I can see how much I might, possibly, probably weigh.
-Lose 20 lbs
- Obviously a fail
-Lose 30 lbs
- Epic fail
-Drink 2 glasses of water a day – Okay I am never going to get to 8 like I am supposed to, so two is a start.
- Does the water used in making Dr. Pepper count?
-Keep my house clean(er)
- I have actually been doing pretty good at this! It isn’t perfect, and probably never will be, because I am a messy person and I serve 3 meals a day, but it is very rarely embarrassing to have people stop by 🙂 I am going to give myself this one!
-Read the New Testament
- I am about halfway through, but I guess there is still theoretically time to finish before the New Year.
-Read the whole Bible
- Nope. Obviously not, and I don’t think I have time to finish this one.
I am probably going to have the same goals next year, maybe with a few new ones and getting rid of one or two.
Did you make resolutions? Did you keep them? Any plans for next year?