I have made Simplicity 2699 a couple of times now. A friend of mine bought it so I could make her little girl an apron for Christmas. Then I made another one this last Christmas.
This is the first one that I made. I spent A LONG time making it. I wanted it to be perfect since my friend had spent the money on the pattern, materials, and thread. I used my sewing machine, but I manually turned the wheel so it wouldn’t go to fast. Not the whole time of course, but for the rounded parts, and parts that had to be sewn over more than once.
The second one I made is not as well done. In fact it is now falling apart. But that is my fault. I thought the extra wide double fold bias tape was to thick for the teeny tiny apron, so I used some thinner bias tape. It wasn’t wide enough. She isn’t sad, she had just woken up and I wanted to take the picture before her mom picked her up.
And just for kicks, here is the apron I made myself (well with the help of my friend Brittany). It looks way more awesome than it is. Really I just cut out the pre-printed fabric and sewed it together. Still pretty cute though 🙂