Christmas, infertility

Christmas Cards are Depressing…

So I have always sent out Christmas cards (by always I mean since I have been married). I like doing it, it seems like such a nice grown-up thing to do.

This year I even got some free cards from Shutterfly, so I didn’t even have to buy them! Well some of them anyways. I only have 20 cards, and I usually send out 30 or so cards, so I am debating cutting back or making a trip to Dollar Tree to get some more. So if you get a photo Christmas card from me, its not because I think that Michael and I are so cute that you want a picture of us, it is that I am so cheap that I can’t resist free Christmas cards.

I was going over my Christmas card list, and I realized that SIX people on the list have had babies since I sent out cards last year. That is 20% (according to my math) of the people on my Christmas card list. And half of the remaining 80% are done having kids, due to either surgical procedure or advanced age or a combination of both.

I am pretending to contemplate not sending any of those fertile friends of mine Christmas Cards.

Advertisements
Standard

2 thoughts on “Christmas Cards are Depressing…

  1. Yup! But I have to buy some more, because although I addressed them, I decided I can't handle sending out the same cards that I sent out last year 😛 People might remember, and that would be embarrassing!

Please remember to be respectful and kind in your commenting. Any disrespectful, unkind, or otherwise inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s